Among others the following are the major achievements:
- Other Degree Awarding Institution(ODAI)
- Continuous expansion of the following of the institute in terms of number of students
- Acquisition of a New Computer Laboratory with over 1000 computers
- Registration of the Institute with the (NCHE) National Council for Higher Education as ODAI
- YMCA Girls Hostels
- New Jubilee (4) Floor Block
The Institute faces a number of challenges despite the achievements and these include:- The need for more space and students drop outs.
- In order to curb the problem of rooms, the Institute has plans constructing a new building extension to arrest the current space problem and also gymnasium.
- Focus on computer training for all our products in order to meet the current market demands or challenges requiring the use of I.T.
i) The main activities/programs in the next five years, they include:
- Membership requirements:1000members to be recruited every year.
- Education programs:At least 1000 students to be enrolled every academic year.
- Rent of premises:It is estimated that 50 functions will be hosted every year.
- Recreational Activities:e.g. Basket Ball, Table tennis, Mweso etc.Two teams of basket ball should be sent”out of the country” every year i.e 10 teams in the next five years.
- At least one football team should be invited from over seas per year
- Formation of a Table Tennis team at the branch and one at each Hi-ys Clubs.
- We aim at enrolling at least one hundred affiliated clubs.
- The Youth and Rural community members will be the major target of the branch activities
The list of what we are going to do will include:-
- Educational programs
- Campers programs
- Canteen services
- Membership Recruitment Drive
- Recreational Activities
- YMCA/YWCA World week of prayer and also weekly devotions
- Staff capacity development
- Expanding a girl’s hostel
What the target groups expect us to do in relation to our environment
- Construction of a Day Care Center to cater for children of the working class in the city
- Construction of a Boys hostels to cater for our own students and other from the nearby Institutions
- Construction of shops/stall along the Bombo road
- Connections to various Institution schools, and hotels for school practice industrial training and field work studies(research)