Apparently, everybody in Uganda loves to have a business attachment to supplement on the incomes got for survival in the trying times of economic depression.
The academic staff
1.Mr. Kato Hussein is the Head of Department that started in August 2009. It has 20 members of staff as of now.
2. Mr. Kato Yuda is in charge of the morning session and coordinates industrial training(internship) 3. Mr. Zirimu Fred is in charge of the afternoon session (Career Talks)
4. Mr. Matovu Abdu in charge of the evening session and external exams (UNEB & UBTEB)
About the courses:
The Department of Business Studies includes the following courses offered on Certificate, Diploma and Degree level;
- Business administration (general)
- Business administration (Human Resource Management)
- Business administration (Banking and Finance)
- Procurement and logistics management (Purchasing and Supplies Mgt)
Intakes: January and May are for the morning session and August is both evening and afternoon.
BBA: – Bachelors degree is offered on weekend and evening sessions. Two principle passes are required for enrollment.
- All our students do examinations licensed by UNEB/UBTEB
Elementary course in business was started for that student who didn’t make it to Senior Four.
There is an intention to begin the following courses;
- Banking finance and Insurance courses
- Banking and Microfinance
- All our students do external Examinations licensed by UNEB / UBTEB
For further information, you can contact the Deputy Branch Director’s office or Academic Registrar or Marketing office.
YMCA Comprehensive Institute
P.O BOX 2871, Kampala
Tel: 0414233294 / 0772587811 / 0750988196